I crave for this ever so often and find myself needing to bake this and have it as a staple in my fridge! Ben, Becks and Nat love the deliciousness of this pound cake. It’s got a semi-dense texture that’s oh-so-yummy when served warm with a cold glass of fresh milk.
Cream Cheese Pound Cake (Recipe makes 1 huge mama in a square pan)
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 pack of Philadelphia cream cheese, 220g
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Lemon or orange zest
You will also need: a square pan
1) Preheat the oven to 175ºC. Grease and line square pan.
2) In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) Whisk cream cheese and butter with an electric whisk or hand whisk until smooth.
4) Add the sugar in three additions, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until light and fluffy.
5) Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla essence and lemon zest and beat until incorporated.
6) Add the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Pour the batter into the square pan and smooth the top.
7) Bake for 50 minutes and check for overbrowning.
8) Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes (this will allow the cake to set).
9) Slice and enjoy!