So, cake pops are all the rage right now and they seem to be a hit at every kid’s birthday party. I discovered a way to make them without baking. My kids and I love them; the moment they are chilled in our fridge, they become addictive balls of yumminess we just can’t get enough of. You’ve been warned: too easy, and too addictive!
This is the cheater’s guide.
Oreo Cake Pops (Depends on how big or small you wish to roll them, really. I made about 20.)
- 1 packet of Philadelphia cream cheese (250g)
- For the frosting: anything goes! (Some suggestions: white chocolate (melted), dark chocolate (melted), rainbow sprinkles, chocolate rice sprinkles, sugar balls)
1) Pulse the Oreos in a food processor till they are crumbs. (I got my Philips Jamie Oliver Food Processor to do the job.)
2) Add cream cheese and mix well with Oreo crumbs.
3) Roll mixture into balls. Stick a pretty stirrer or lollipop stick in each ball.
4) Dip in melted choc and roll them in chocolate rice, rainbow sprinkles or sugar glitter.
5) Put the balls in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
6) Pop them in mouth and enjoy! Yes, it’s that simple!
That’s it? Yes, that’s it!